Progress photos as the day continues!
My progress photos (well besides the first two) were shot down by me because I got distracted. Seitan Said Dance was live streaming from her kitchen! I was having so much fun watching her slave in the kitchen, I just gave up my photographing and enjoyed her. Hope you all had a great day!
- Assembling recipes complete: 11/22
"Chief Get Shit Done" To Do List
- Cheddar/Cayenne Coins To Go with the Bloody Mary's =D
- Herb Roast Turkey
- Honey Baked Ham picked up
- Artisan Bread Stuffing with Herbs/Apples & Pecans
- Oyster Casserole
- Roast Garlic Potatoes & Gravy
- Sherried Peas With Mushrooms
- Roquefort/Walnut Green Beans
- Tomato Aspic
- Broccoli/Cauliflower Salad
- Fresh Cranberry Relish
Parker House rolls/Potato Dough
- Award Winning Spice Cake/Caramel Icing
- Make grocery list
- Order Bread for stuffing. (Potato/Rosemary and French Wood fired oven baked. Nom.)
- Order Honey Baked Ham. (A southern must have)
- Plan table setting (Trying to decide between my French hand painted wild bird plates as a pre-serve...or just elegant cream and gold...decisions, decisions. I suppose I could just say, "screw it..." and do paper. :D )
- Order flowers for centerpiece Complete 11/22
- Polish silver
- Iron Linens
- Cleaning House (Can someone please tell me why this has to be part of meal planning? Gah.)
- Clean out refrigerator. (Omg...This is not going to be a small chore, unless I get lawn bags and just pitch everything in there and then set off a clorox bomb inside of the frig.)
- Put up Christmas tree and decorate it. (I know, it's early, but I have a 15 foot behemoth and my sis is free to help me on Monday.)
Thanksgiving Day Progress Photos:
I stuffed the cavity of the bird with apples, lemons, shallots, celery, sage, thyme and kosher salted and peppered the inside and out.
Put it on a rack and into the roasting pan with about 2 cups of chicken stock. It's tented with foil and in a 325 degree oven. The foil will come off in the last hour of cooking and the bird will be basted with clarified butter.